Mike Horn had a challenging goal - to discover the Arctic. He wanted to enter the history as the first man to travel on his own around the Arctic Circle.
During the expedition the adventurer traveled the considerable part of his way on foot without any assistance or motorized vehicle but with help of a sailboat, kayak, bike, sledge and skis.
Mike Horn made use of reliable equipment, and wore a Panerai watch the reliability of which was tested under extreme conditions of the expedition (the temperatures during an Arctic winter may fall down to - 60 degrees Celsius).
The expedition reached the set goal 27 months later - in October, 2004. The explorer covered the distance of about 20 thousand km, having crossed the territory of Greenland, Canada, Alaska, Russia and Norway.
The Panerai watch, specially developed to exceptional specifications, became the remarkable instrument of survival during the ten stages of the Arktos expedition. The 44-mm case of the timepiece crafted in polished steel has been provided with internal soft iron antimagnetic system. It is water-tight to a depth of 300 meters.
The Arktos watch is constructed to perfectly withstand extreme temperatures down to -70 degrees.
It can also serve as a compass, with the four points of the compass marked on the rotating lunette to allow the watch's wearer to orient himself by locating north from the time on the timepiece.
The Panerai Luminor Arktos is characterized by the highest quality of workmanship, meticulous attention to detail, and supreme readability in all conditions of use. The professional tool for survival guarantees COSC-precision.
The Luminor Arktos developed to accompany Mike Horn will become the ideal timekeeper and partner for every accomplished sportsman, or anyone who needs a timekeeping companion to perform any exploit of whatever nature.
Specifications of Panerai Luminor Arktos:
- 44-mm brushed steel case, internal soft iron antimagnetic system
- case back with Arktos expedition logo
- brushed steel lunette indicating 4 cardinal points and marker points for intermediary positions
- sapphire crystal from corundum, anti-reflection coating, 4.2-mm thick
- 300-meter water-resistance
- hours, minutes, small seconds hand, date
- mechanical with automatic winding movement, Panerai OP III caliber, 28,800 alternations per hour; Incabloc shock absorber system; 42-hour power reserve; COSC-certification
- black dial with luminous index, Arabic numerals; small seconds hand at 9 o'clock; date at 3 o'clock
- Panerai personalized rubber strap with unfolding clasp
- 500 pieces limited edition
Panerai watches catch attention due to distinctive Italian style. They are highly appreciated for a prestigious brand name, outstanding reliability and functionality. These timekeepers are based upon the experience of the brand that maintained continuous cooperation with the Royal Italian Navy. Every single Panerai watch is created according to the top military standards.
Panerai watches are characterized by large-sized cases with sporty design. Even if a timepiece is 46 mm in diameter, it reveals subtle elegance. One more peculiarity of the brand's timekeepers is represented by big numerals covered with special luminescent substance - perfect readability of a timepiece was vital for Italian commando divers.
Discover the selection of reasonably priced Panerai watches: