The TAG Heuer Mikrotimer amazes by its speed and high-frequency - 500hz beating at 3.6 million beats per hour, implying it is 10 times faster in comparison with the Mikrograph and 100 times faster than the El Primero.
The new TAG Heuer watch demonstrates an ultra-modern design. It offers an innovative case system, with the case design and the movement being covered by 12 patents. The 45mm case is rendered in black titanium carbide, while the titanium horns are presented in contrasting silver. The case housed a black ruthenium-treated movement visible via the sapphire case-back. It is coupled with a rubber strap. The timepiece is 100-meter water-resistant.
The uncluttered dial of the Mikrotimer watch features two central Chronograph hands. The green Chronograph hand indicates the 1/100th and 1/1000th of a second on the external scale, while the second smaller Chronograph hand indicates elapsed minutes and 1/12s of a minute (implying 5 seconds).
To read the time, it is necessary to add the 1/ 10th of a second from the 5-second counter located at 6 o’clock to the 1/100th and 1/1000th indicated by the central hand on the external dial.
The peculiarities of the Mikrotimer movement are the following:
- 35.8 mm in diameter, 7.95 mm high
- Frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour/ 4 hertz (watch), 3,600,000 vibrations per hour/ 500 hertz (chronograph)
- 1/1000th second chronograph function
- High-frequency mechanical regulating 500hz spiral for the chronograph
- Traditional balance wheel for the watch
- Automatic bi-directional rewinding movement
- Stop second (when you set the hour).
Discover a fine range of TAG Heuer watches: