1. Accuracy: Quartz watches provide more accurate timekeeping than mechanical ones. Their remarkable accuracy is reached through faster and steadier oscillations of a quartz crystal. As a rule, a quartz watch will gain or lose less than 10 seconds per month. In comparison, a mechanical watch is usually off by a few minutes per month.
2. No Winding: You will not have to wind a quartz watch. The only thing you will have to do when owning a quartz watch is to change the battery. A silver oxide battery lasts for two-three years. A quartz watch equipped with a long-life lithium battery will not require a battery-change for about a decade.
3. Light/Motion Powered: You will also come across a relatively new type of quartz watches with no need for battery replacement. The batteries of such watches get recharged by light, or by the motion of its owner's arm.
Light enters a light-powered watch through its dial and is converted into electricity with help of a special solar cell found beneath the dial. As for motion-powered quartz watches, they are provided with a tiny rotor spinning is response to an arm's motion and producing electricity.
4. Little Care: Quartz mechanisms are composed of fewer parts and are not subject to much stress. There is no need for lubricating and cleaning as in case of mechanical watches. Sometimes, however, dirt may cover the gears of an analog quartz watch, thus deteriorating its accuracy. In this case, it is necessary to have the quartz movement cleaned.
Having considered the major advantages of quartz watches, you are welcome to have a look at our Top Ten of Most Functional and Attractive Quartz Watches for Men:
1. Citizen Men's Eco-Drive 180 WR100 Chronograph Watch AT0270-00E boasts a stylish look, so it may accompany you to the office but its steady construction is developed to resist any workouts, swimming, snorkeling and other water sports.
The chronograph men's watch is housed in a silver-tone 44-mm stainless steel case. It is topped by a polished bezel. The patterned black dial features luminous stick and Arabic numeral markers, silver-tone luminous dagger hands, and a date window placed at 4 o'clock. The chronograph function allows to measure events up to 60 minutes. The quartz watch is 100-meter water resistant.
A black rubber strap enhances the sporty appeal of the Citizen watch.
The Citizen watch has incorporated the brand's unique Eco-Drive absorbing sunlight and any artificial light through the crystal and dial, thus continuously recharging the watch. The watch's Eco-Drive guarantees a 180-day power reserve.
2. Bulova Men's Marine Star Chronograph Watch 98H37 demonstrates the mixture of elegant style and sporty spirit. The two-tone men's chronograph watch will ideally fit formal business atmosphere, but you may also decide to wear it with sporty casual wear.
The 41-mm case of the Bulova quartz watch is crafted in polished silver stainless steel. The unidirectional rotating elapsed time bezel sports white engraved 10-minute marks. The timepiece has 24-karat ion-plated crown, chronograph push-buttons, and bezel accents.
The dark blue dial of the Bulova Men's Marine Star Chronograph displays three outlined-in-silver chronograph sub-dials for minutes, seconds, and 24-hours. You will also notice luminous gold-outlined hands, luminous markers, small minute indexes on the outer dial, and a date window positioned between 4 and 5 o'clock.
The Bulova watch goes on a brushed stainless steel bracelet with a thin, gold-tone accent in the middle. The comfortable bracelet has a fold-over deployment clasp. The quartz watch guarantees precise timekeeping and 100-meter water resistance.
The Bulova Men's Marine Star Chronograph Watch is aimed at self-assured men who like to face new challenges.
3. Casio Men's G Shock Atomic Timekeeping Watch GW002KA-3V is created for men who opt for active lifestyle and are often involved in sports activities.
The Casio G-Shock men's digital watch, equipped with the latest technology, is a powerfully styled sports watch. It is solar-powered (no need for battery change) and wirelessly gets atomic time updates. The solid dark gray resin case goes on a masculine polyurethane strap.
The digital-quartz watch offers a variety of functions - a 1/100-second stopwatch with a 60-minute measuring capacity, world time from 30 cities, four independent daily alarms (including one snooze alarm), and an auto-calendar to the year 2039. The mineral crystal of the Casio watch is scratch-resistant. The timepiece is provided with AfterGlow LED electro-luminescent backlight. It boasts 200-meter water resistance, so it's the right timekeeping companion for recreational scuba diving.
The radio-controlled watch is devised to get a time calibration signal transmitted from Fort Collins, Colorado, with signal reception within a 2,000-mile radius from the Fort Collins transmitter. It is possible to automatically receive the signal four times a day, or update the watch to the atomic clock by hand.
The firm construction of the Casio G-Shock watch is provided with triple-protection design for its parts, module, and case. It is often appreciated as 'the world's toughest watch' and is unaffected by strong impacts or shaking.
4. Casio Men's Sports Chronograph Alarm Databank Watch AW80D-2AV is packed with a great number of functions, while maintaining supreme legibility of the dial. The watch is aimed to attract attention of men who highly praise utmost functionality and distinctively masculine design.
The stainless steel case of the Casio watch is equipped with a resin stationary bezel and screw-in case back. The elegant bluish-purple dial of the timepiece sports silver numbers, luminous white stick indexes and hands. It features analog/digital time and 12/24-hour format.
Among numerous advantages of the quartz watch you will discover is a 30-page databank, three daily alarms, and an auto-calendar. Other additional functions of the timepiece are world time, daylight savings on/off, 1/100-second stop watch, elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times, counter timer, and hourly time signal.
The watch is presented on a stainless steel band and offers 50-meter water resistance.
5. Bulova Men's Moon Phase Watch 96C26 is a sophisticated timepiece with classic Bulova design. The quartz watch is designed to accompany its owner wherever he goes - to a business meeting, a party or a date. The timepiece will finely match the lifestyle of a serious-minded man who appreciates timeless values in life.
The eye-catching moon-phase watch features a midsized rectangular steel case. The creme patterned dial reveals a harmonious combination of blue skeleton hands, a blue seconds hand, and darker blue Roman numerals. You will also notice two round sub-dials for the day and date indications. A lunar window positioned at the 6 o'clock hour shows the current moon-phase.
The Bulova watch hugs the wrist with a steel link bracelet composed of brushed and polished pieces and equipped with a deployment clasp. The timepiece also features a curved mineral crystal and a screw-down case back. It guarantees utmost durability and 30-meter water resistance.
6. Invicta Men's Pro Diver Collection Silver-Tone Watch 8932 is the right timekeeper for a man who wants a bold and masculine timepiece on his wrist. The Invicta watch is an affordable luxury piece created in classical-sporty style. It may accompany its owner to the office, to a tennis court or while diving - the watch's style will finely match any outfit.
The firmly constructed quartz watch is housed in a 39-mm stainless steel case with a screw-down crown. Its black dial protected by anti-reflective mineral crystal features Tritnite luminous hands and markers. The date window is positioned at 3 o'clock. The unidirectional black bezel is provided with white numerals and markings. It is designed to be easy to manipulate. Qualified as a diver's watch, the timepiece offers 200-meter water resistance.
The masculine appeal of the Invicta watch is strengthened with an elegent highly polished and lightweight stainless steel band that has a diver buckle with safety clasp.
7. Diesel Watch DZ7071 is a distinctively designed quartz watch in exciting contemporary style. The timepiece surprises by its top quality and meticulous attention to detail. It is sure to win the hearts of men who appreciate pieces of unique style and like to stand out of the crowd.
The 38x43mm stainless steel case of the timepiece sports clean angles and is equipped with stainless steel crystal guard and pushers. The Diesel watch features digital display with yellow crystal background. The additional functions of the model include 4 alarms, two time zones, and a chronometer. It is 100-meter water-resistant.
The quartz watch is secured to the wrist with dark brown genuine leather strap.
8. Luminox Men's Navy SEAL Steel-Carbon Dive Watch 3101 is equipped with a one-of-a-kind illumination system glowing 100 times brighter than other luminous timepiece. Thus, the timepiece is a perfect timekeeper for low-light or no-light situations.
The highly functional Luminox watch features a 43-mm stainless steel case, screw-down crown, black rotating bezel and screw-in case back. It is equipped with an analog-quartz movement and boasts 200-meter water resistance. The timepiece is often chosen to adorn the wrists of US Navy SEALs and US Air Force Pilots.
The black dial of the watch reveals luminous hands and stand-out white Arabic numerals. The handy date calendar is found at 3 o'clock. The Luminox watch goes on a durable polyurethane band provided with a safety-mechanism buckle clasp.
9. Pulsar Tech Gear Watch (Watch PUA113) is a highly functional men's diver's watch. The rugged stainless steel model catches attention due to its masculine look.
The Pulsar watch has incorporated light-powered Solar 4000 quartz technology, so you will never have to buy a new battery.
The quartz watch is housed in a brushed steel case with a screw-down crown. The unidirectional rotating steel bezel features engraved markers. The blue dial is characterized by extreme legibility due to luminous hands and hour markers. The date window is positioned at 3 o'clock. The timepiece is 200-meter water resistant.
Pulsar Tech Gear Watch is secured to the wrist with a contoured black rubber strap. The sturdy construction will finely match the lifestyle of a diver or an energetic man who wants a reliable and functional timekeeper on his wrist.
10. Seiko Men's Titanium watch SGG709 is an extremely reliable men's watch. The great advantage of the quartz watch is its weight - the titanium case makes the watch really light.
The dark blue dial of the Seiko watch features analog day/date display in English and Spanish. Its elegance is enhanced by silver-tone luminous hands and stick markers. The timepiece is equipped with a screw-in case back, Hardlex crystal. It is 50-meter water-resistant.
With the Seiko watch it is absolutely simple to set the day, date and time. It provides unbeatable accuracy. The timepiece is destined for men who value distinctively designed masculine accessories providing supreme reliability and comfort.