Hublot has used the alloy for the development of its new Big Bang watch - Hublot Mag Bang, with the movement and case manufactured in a single material. The new alloy offers all the qualities necessary for both the operation and decoration of the new Big Bang.
Hublonium, as the brand named the new material, is based on the fusion of magnesium and aluminum. The alloy, characterized by robustness, flexibility and functionality, has allowed to considerably reduce the weight of the Hublot watch.
The most experienced specialists were commissioned with designing the movements for the new Hublot Mag Bang and manufacture the mechanisms' bottom plates and bridges, using the new high-tech machinery.
The New Hublot watch is created in perfect harmony reflected by the 3 Ms of the design: 'mono-material, monochrome, microblasted'. The watchmakers have opted for the matt finish, with the microblasted finish lending a very special radiance, for the components found both inside and out. Hublonium has been used for the following parts of the Hublot Mag Bang and its movement:
- 'Big Bang' case, 44.5 mm in diameter
- bezel with 6 H-shaped titanium screws that are sunken, polished and blocked
- bridges and bottom plate of the movement
- buckle of the strap.
The new Hublot Big Bang is secured to the wrist with a natural smooth rubber strap with engraved Hublot logo. The unique timepiece will be launched in a limited edition of individually numbered 250 pieces.
The Hublot Mag Bang has become the culmination of remarkable research based on traditional watchmaking skills and avant-garde technology. The new Big Bang is characterized by added weightlessness and harmony, not to mention the spirit of innovation seen right down to the strap's buckle, crafted in the same material as the case and the movement.
Look through some other important characteristics of the new Hublot watch:
- Dial of titanium shade sports vertical satin-finish rhodium-plated applique indices.
- Calendar function is presented through a trapezoid aperture at 4.30.
- Faceted rhodium-plated hands of the watch have incorporated the luminescent feature.
- Sapphire crystal is provided with anti-reflection treatment.
- Bezel lugs and side inserts are produced from black composite resin.
- Case back of the timepiece is titanium with sapphire crystal.
- Steel crown and steel rectangular-shaped chronograph push-pieces are provided with natural black rubber insert.
- The timepiece guarantees 100-meter water-resistance.
- The total weight of the watch is 78 g.
Drop a look at the selection of bold Hublot watches: