According to Longines President Walter von Kanel, the company is really proud to have Andre Agassi as a part of its family. The legendary tennis player is just an ideal candidate to be the brand's ambassador.
Andre Agassi's personality is especially magnetic due to such personal features as exceptional sportsmanship, remarkable achievements and heart generosity matching the company's values and goals. Last year the 37-year-old tennis icon retired from the world of professional sports. Today Mr. Agassi spends a lot of his time for charity, having established The Andre Agassi Foundation.
Mr. Agassi started his professional tennis career in 1986. He is well-known for being one of only five male tennis players to have gained victory in all four Grand Slam singles events. Andre Agassi is a real tennis icon as he is the only player in the open era to have the following remarkable victories:
- victory in every Grand Slam singles title
- victory in the Tennis Masters Cup
- victories as a part of a winning Davis Cup team
- he has won an Olympic gold medal
- victory in 17 Master Series tournaments (that's more than any other tennis player ever).
The Longines watch company names itself as 'the most rewarded watch brand in the world''. On the top of the list of the brand's achievements you will discover the following:
- developing one of the first wristwatches in 1905
- producing an exclusive Charles Lindbergh-designed timepiece after he fulfilled his
historically important first solo flight across the Atlantic Ocean in 1927
- holding the status of Official Timekeeper for a great number of sports events
- being a member of The Swatch Group, the largest producer and distributor of timepieces in the world.
Andre Agassi, with his ever-famous double-handed kiss to all fans at the end of each tennis match, makes a perfect fit for the 175-year-old watch company deeply devoted to the philosophy that 'elegance is an attitude'.