The signature bezel of the Royal Oak, the pushpieces and crown are crafted in ceramics. The crown features the AP initials. The ring surrounding the caseback is secured by eight exclusively designed screws produced from PVD blackened titanium.
The exclusive hand-wound 34-jewel Audemars Piguet Calibre 2895 combines a tourbillon, a chronograph and a twin-barrel system to provide a 237-hour power reserve.
The mainplate of the watch's movement is made of carbon, while the central bridge is produced from green eloxed aluminium. On the caseback side, there are black PVD-coated bridges. The control and coupling levers are black PVD-coated in relief and further enhanced with a hand-drawn metal-coloured rim.
The two power-reserve cones are clothed in an amorphous carbon coating, the same as the inserts in the openworked zones at 6 and 12 o'clock. The unusually designed tourbillon carriage comprises over 70 parts with weight of just 0.45 grams and is treated to a two-tone black PVD and steel finish.
The dial of the Royal Oak Carbon Concept Tourbillon features the following details:
- luminescent hour-markers and white minute markers,
- openworked luminescent central hour and minute hands,
- a power-reserve indicator positioned at 12 o'clock,
- a selection indicator at 6 o'clock,
- a central chronograph sweep seconds hand,
- a linear chronograph minute counter.